Skip to main content

Economics growth

 Economic growth


ЁЯМ▒Economic Growth is the positive change in the indicators of economy.


ЁЯМ▒Economic Growth refers to the increment in amount of goods and services produced by an economy.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth means an increase in real national income / national output.


ЁЯМ▒It refers to an increase over time in a country’s real output of goods and services (GNP) or real output per capita income.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth is single dimensional in nature as it only focuses on income of the people.


ЁЯМ▒Earlier, economic growth was only measured in terms of Gross Domestic Product (GDP).


ЁЯМ▒At present, it is measured in terms of GDP, Gross National Income (GNI) and Per Capita Income.


ЁЯМ▒Economic Growth is the precursor and prerequisite for economic development.


ЁЯМ▒Indicators of economic growth are GDP, GNI and per capita income.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth relates a gradual increase in one of the components of GDP; consumption, government spending, investment or net exports.


ЁЯМ▒It is also considered as a traditional measure of development which indicates the quantitative rise of economy.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth only looks at the quantitative aspect. It brings quantitative changes in the economy.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth is concerned with increase in economy’s output.


ЁЯМ▒It focuses on production of goods and services.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth is more relevant metric for assessing progress in developed countries.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth is relatively narrow concept as compared to economic development.


ЁЯМ▒It is for short term/short period.


ЁЯМ▒It is a material/physical concept.


ЁЯМ▒Economic growth is measured in certain time frame/period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPSC CSE Mains Trend ЁЯУИ Analysis 2024

 UPSC CSE Mains Trend ЁЯУИ Analysis 2024 General studies (GS) paper wise marks from every subject in last 7 years 1). Priorities your time while reading for any subject according it.  2). Polity, Geography & Society covers the most marks subject-wise. 3). Each topic of GS3 & International Relations (IR) covers same marks. Credit: Captain Sir

UPSC CSE Mains GS Paper-III PYQs Analysis

 UPSC CSE Mains GS Paper-III PYQs Analysis 

Utkarsh Dwivedi AIR-5 PSIR Notes, Strategy and ANSWER COPIES

Utkarsh Dwivedi IAS   air-5 UPsc cse 2021 PSIR STRATEGY, NOTES AND MY ANSWER COPIES If there is one factor that has helped me achieve a single digit rank in CSE, it is my optional. I have scored 168 in paper 1 and 146 in paper 2, making it 314 in total. I have still not come across somebody with a score more than this and hence a comfortable claim can be made that this is one of the highest score this year. In this blog, I would mention what helped me achieve this score.  I DID NOT refer to any other source than Shubhra Ma'am's notes. There are two reasons to it.  Firstly, since I had reached the interview stage in all my three attempts, I never had the luxury of time to refer to any book.  Secondly, I believe Ma'am's notes are more than enough to form the core aspect of the subject's preparation. I did value addition from multiple sources so as to get an edge in my answers: I referred to copies of toppers of the respective tests that I attempted during my mains ...