UPSC CSE Prelims 2024

Akshay Mahadik, UPSC CSE 2021

Akshay Mahadik(AIR 212)- CSE Preparation 🤩:

Hello Guys! I am Akshay Mahadik. I have secured AIR 212 in CSE 2021. It was my second attempt. I will try my best to give you my insights about Civil services examination!



What made me fail in my first Prelims 2020?

1. I couldn't stay calm in real examination. So I ended up making silly mistakes. 

For eg.

1.There was question on aim of bureaucracy. I committed a mistake of not reading all the options.

2.Question on Expansionary Monetary Policy- "Not correct" statements were asked. I committed mistake of marking correct statements. 

These 2 questions cost me 1.5 years of my life.


2. Less focussing on static part and over emphasis on current affairs. I used to give 60/70% of my preparation time to current affairs.


3. Too much Sources. I used to keep 3/4 sources for one subject. I ended up recalling nothing in real exam.


Gyaan- Prelims is all about being mentally stable in real exam hall and being conscious. It helps you to be aware while solving questions and applying your logic properly. I know its really tough to be calm when everything is on stake in our life. But aapan toh bolega abhi....be calm...Stay calm🤩🤪


I will share my sources for each subject soon!



Optional- Anthropology


State- Maharashtra


Hobby-Vipassana, web series and movies


Background- Mechanical engineering


Optional- Anthropology


forenoon session


Panel- Choubey Sir


chair- told me to remove mask if dont have any symptoms

1.Introduce urself with ur background.

2. What is DBT ? Where it is used in various sectors?

3.Should we abolish Rajyasabha?


M1-

1. when should one start doing meditation?young age or old age?


2.Why Nano car didn't take off in India?

some counter que.


3.Rise of OTT and impact on movies.


M2-.What is difference between strategy and policy?   


2.Atmanirbhar Bharat context and que on what should be done to make India developed country?


M3- what's famous in ur district?

origin of paithani Saree.


M4-

1.Why there is rise in inequality in world?


2.Impact of technology on inequality.


3.Electric vehicles -challenges in India, how should we roll out EVs in India.


Chair- Is there anything u want to discuss?

I talked about Vipassana.

Done!

My Interview lasted for 25-30 mins.


My Interview transcript!




Preliminary Examination-


In my opinion, It is the most unpredictable phase in the CSE Journey. In my first attempt, I failed to qualify cutoff by 1.36 marks. In my second attempt I managed to score 99 to 104( according to classes answer keys, as I had opted for IFS, prelims marksheets haven't been published yet).


We have few days left for Prelims Exam. I just want to say that Every aspirant goes through this anxiety. Even last year , 3/4 days before prelims examination, I was feeling anxious too. But beauty of prelims is that everyone knows 25-30 questions with confidence. In 2021, I could solve 23 questions with confidence. Still I attempted 92 questions. So every serious aspirant faces this situation.


 I won't say that eliminate your anxiety, It's not possible as we all are human being. But more you carry free mind in examination, better are chances of being aware in stressful situation in exam hall.


One thing I wanted to add that try to simulate your "prelims D day" one or two days before the prelims. 

For eg. If it's 8.30 am , think about you getting ready for examination and that stress. At 9.30, think- You have question paper in your hand. You are going through question paper. Feel that pressure before hand. It helped me in real exam hall where I couldn't solve first 10 questions at all.


Rest you all know very well!!!

Best wishes😊


Prelims Sources(2021)-


Polity-

11th and 12th NCERTS

M.Laxmikanth


Economy-

Mrunal Sir's Notes


Geography-

6th to 12th NCERT

Selective topics from GC Leong 

(Climate types, solar system,etc.)


Environment-

Rau's IAS PT Compass

Selective reading from Shankar IAS(never read this completely)


Modern History-

8th and 12th theme part 3 NCERTS

Spectrum


Ancient History-

6th and 12th theme part 1 NCERT

Tamil Nadu State book


Medieval History-

7th and 12th theme part 2 NCERT

Tamil Nadu State book


Art and Culture-

Selective topics from Nitin Singhania sir's book like temple architecture, Jainism and Buddhism,etc.

 Fine arts NCERT


Sci and tech-

PT 365

Target UPSC notes

Kaushik sir's notes

Random Google search


IR-

Ias parliament pdf on intl organizations

PT 365


Current affairs-

For Pre 2020-

Sunya IAS notes

For Pre 2021-

PT 365


Test Series-

Pre 2020-

Vision IAS( sectional+ full length)

Insights IAS( 5/6 full length)

Baliyans IAS( full length tests)

Forum IAS(Full length tests)

GS Score ( Full length test)

Around 100 in total- couldn't revise in the end. 


For Pre 2021-

Vision IAS( sectional+ full length)

Forum IAS(3/4 full length)

IAS Baba(1/2 full length)

Random All India mock tests(1/2)

Around 50 in total!


Plus most Important- Analysis of PYQs from any book which provides them at one place


Online Platforms Used-

You tube-

Target UPSC( for some current affairs videos)

IAS Baba(some RaRe videos,

 couldn't complete it)

Random questions from Insights 75 days plan

+ Random videos on any specific topic


Telegram Channels-

Economy by Vivek Singh sir

Upsc highlights by Vikas sir-

Vaishali Anand ma'am Channel

Kaushik sir's channel

Shubham Kumar sir's channel

Jagruti ma'am channel

Civil services examination congress channel


Best wishes😊


One thing every candidate should understand that there is no single specific strategy in CSE Preparation. You will get 685+ strategies from all the selected candidates. Every person has different set of skill sets and he/she has to customize it accordingly. 


Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. So he/she should work on own weakness, rather than following "one size fits all approach". Even I have tried and tested many sources and then came to final ones, because they suited to my skill sets. 


Even my strategy was just a plan before final results. In this exam there is no perfect strategy and no perfect source. I would try my best to help you understand "what not to do" in CSE Preparation(everyone knows what to do😁). Though I have cleared the examination, still I don't know all the things. There are tons of other candidates with more knowledge than me. 


So believe in your own skill sets and take what you need as per your requirements. 


Best wishes😊 

Post a Comment

Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.
//disable Text Selection and Copying